We’re kicking 2013 off with a big bang! Next Wednesday and Thursday we are back in London for the first Seedcamp event of the year and it’s twice as big as before. Applications closed at a new all time high, hundreds of startups from across the globe eager to be part of the Seedcamp Family.
We have over 70 of our best UK and international mentors signed up to attend and mentor the teams on Wednesday. The winners of the event will join current Seedcamp companies on the Thursday at Demo Day where they will have the opportunity to present to a room full of investors.
One of the key points of mentoring is the identification of techniques and approaches that can help improve the day to day of building products, shipping code, and building a business. With that in mind, we are proud to have Devin Hunt of Dex.io and Lyst share his insights in a Masterclass on “Sketching Better Products”.
Please meet the teams that will be taking part in Seedcamp London and take a look at the great companies they are building:
- Actual Reports, Tallinn, Estonia – A document generation platform combined with an easy-to-use editor and time-saving API for the developers.
- Before You Die, London, UK – A social bucket list that facilitates action & reminds you how extraordinary life can be.
- Carambla, Ghent, Belgium – Develops apps to help parking owners and cities drive traffic to available off-street parkings.
- GateMe, Tallinn, Estonia – A revenue-generating event management platform for nightclubs – OpenTable for nightclubs.
- HitMeUp, London, UK - Outrageous promotions going on around you right now.
- hull, Paris, France - A full stack social platform as a service. Build social apps with open, reusable components.
- Kinopto, London UK - Kinopto are going to change the way the world watches films at the Cinema.
- Little Eye Labs, Bangalore, India - Creators of little eye, the performance analysis and productivity tool for Android app developers and testers!
- Maily, Brussels, Belgium - Your kid’s first email.
- minubo, Hamburg, Germany – A curated, web-based BI solution for eCommerce merchants with the most sexiest front-end.
- PathMotion, Paris, France - helps organisations attract talent by promoting their current employees as ambassadors via social media.
- Planvine, London, UK – Provides accurate and comprehensive event information which is powering what’s on guides across the globe.
- RecommendCare, London, UK – Helps you make the right care choices through recommendations from people like you.
- Saeker, Worcester, UK – Health & Safety managment in the Cloud.
- Sellplex, London, UK – HootSuite for selling on multiple e-commerce platforms with IFTTT-like functionality. “Upload once, sell everywhere.”
- SilverPush, Delhi, India – Real-time Analytics backed platform for targeting & retargeting on mobile.
- Social Significance, London, UK – Application for hotels to monitor their ranking in the search results on travel websites.
- Subscrib, London, UK - A service that enables brick-and-mortar merchants to sell value-added subscriptions and learn about their customers.
- Toast, Berlin, Germany – Helps you find great gift ideas by collaborating with close friends.
- Together, Gothenburg, Sweden – Making the web a sharable experience in realtime.
Our gratitude goes to our event partner, Thomson Reuters, for their support and for hosting us in their office on Demo Day. We would also like to thank our event sponsor, SoftLayer, who are sponsoring the drinks on Wednesday and of course not forgetting our yearly sponsors; Google, Microsoft BizSpark, Qualcomm Ventures and Paypal.