Next Tuesday, we’ll be hosting our second Seedcamp in New York. Last year, we were very impressed by the quality of the companies that came to the event. 20 teams wowed us with their products, pitched, got access to the best NY-based network of entrepreneurs, investors and mentors; and out of them, 4 became part of the Seedcamp Family!
We cannot wait to meet this year’s selection and have been delighted by not only a strong demand from European-based companies but also from North America.
Please meet the 2012 New York teams, play with their products, and see what they’re up to:
• Ambio, Skopje, Macedonia – is your location magazine; an application where you can discover & experience great moments around you
• BeatTheBushes, Moscow, Russia – is a new lost and found web service and mobile platform
• CloudConfidence, Philadelphia, USA – is a SaaS-based solution for comprehensive monitoring, management, and real-time analytics for cloud resources
• Codetique, Lexington, KY, USA – provides a simplified way for doing collaborative code reviews online
• dacelab, Kuopio, Finland – build a social cloud app in minutes. No programming needed
• dish.fm, San Francisco, USA – lets you find the best dishes in any restaurant with confidence
• Fiverun, San Francisco, USA – is the social catalog for retailers: showcase your products, connect your customers.
• GetGamers, Riga, Latvia – is an advertising network for gaming sites
• Grabalanguage, Sofia, Bulgaria – is a media platform that allows users to learn foreign languages while consuming the content they love
• Humanvest.co, San Francisco, USA – is a reliable kickstarter for equity
• Kula Magazine, San Francisco, USA – turns any blog into a beautiful mobile app
• Mobeelizer, Cracow, Poland – is cloud sync for your mobile apps; multiplatform with offline abilities
• OneLobby, Halifax, Canada – is a social network for conference attendees, raising conference organizer’s attendee, sponsor & exhibitor sales
• Opbeat, Copenhagen, Denmark – defining web ops
• Poutsch, Paris, France – is a free social tool to express and collect opinions online
• Socialrithmic, Seattle, USA – helps marketers easily identify what, when, and where to post on Facebook and Twitter
• Storybox, New York, USA – Imagine and create your story. An inspired journey and visual journal of self-expression
• Thingz.biz, Oxford, UK – lets you and your household contents insurer keep track of the cost of your belongings
• Universal Privacy Register, New York, USA – is an international digital consumer registry and validation service safeguarding privacy, social preferences and data
For this event, we have built a master class around the theme “how to build and run a successful community”. We will be joined by some outstanding community managers from very different industries:
• Meghan from 10gen will share insights into how the company is building a community around the open source products
• Rachel from Tumblr will share how the micro-blogging platform successfully verticalised their community management efforts
• Kevin from General Assembly to talk about the development and growth of a powerful offline community in New York.
Once again our gratitude goes out to Google for their endless support in hosting us for the second year in their beautiful New York offices and ensuring this year’s Seedcamp will once again be a huge success. We are proud to have 10gen as our Event Sponsor as well as The Next Woman as Event Partner for this Seedcamp event. Finally, we would like to thank our yearly sponsors Bizspark, Qualcomm and Paypal for their ongoing support.
If you’re a startup and you missed out on Seedcamp New York, applications are currently open for Seedcamp London until July 18th. This is your last chance to participate to our annual flagship week-long event in September- make sure you apply!