As it’s been two years since we last hosted Seedcamp Zagreb, we can’t wait to return on the 12th June for our second event in Croatia. Preparations have gone smoothly thanks to our amazing local friends and partners Ivo Špigel from Perpetuum, Ivan Brezak Brkan from Netokracija and Jugoslav Petković, who also helped out massively at last year’s Ljubljana event.
We’re thrilled to announce the teams that will be presenting their products and companies next week at Zagreb’s University College for Applied Computer Engineering. We received fantastic applications from over 30 different countries – an amazing diversity – and we are very happy to announce that five of the selected teams are from Croatia – a very strong home representation indeed. We even have a team coming from as far away as New Zealand, winning hands down for the most air miles.
Check out all of the selected teams for Seedcamp Zagreb below – make sure to take a look at their products and see what industries they’re disrupting.
- 6sync, Auckland, New Zealand – A hosting management platform significantly cutting down time-to-market and costs associated with hosting
- Anctu, Osijek, Croatia – Developing a social search engine with features like detailed social analysis
- Fastr, Riga, Latvia – Making every busy persons life easier, helping to improve speed reading capabilities
- FertilityFlower, Douglas, UK – Google Analytics for your fertility
- FillBill, Prague, Czech Republic – Online finance management system for businesses, helping cut accounting costs by up to 70%
- Kinect Security, Budapest Hungary – Offers you peace of mind when you’re not home – directly from your smartphone!
- mash.me, Zagreb, Croatia – A Kinect web application for video recording with real time motion-capture and green-screen effects
- NearNote, London, UK – Connects you with the freshest hyperlocal news via contextual filtering and geofencing
- Nul Apps, Belgrade, Serbia – Developing audio city guides for Android and iOS devices
- poq Studio, London, UK – Makes it possible for SME fashion retailers to get their own mobile-commerce apps
- ppyr.us/citrea, Ekaterinburg, Russia – Gliffy for texts: an engine for versioning, redlining, real-time editing in the browser
- Publification, Newcastle, UK – Create, promote, sell cloud-based ebooks with built-in social reading and interaction for 2 billion devices
- Shoe Addicts, Zagreb, Croatia – A photo sharing app which connects those who love and wear shoes
- Table & Friends, Lisbon, Portugal - Make your group dinners attractive & fun
- Takeplace, Brno, Czech Republic – Mobile and digital platform that handles all stages of an event for participants and organizers
- Tickera, Novi Sad, Serbia - Simple event ticketing system, comes from the founders of Themes Kingdom, one of the leading WordPress themes makers
- Videodrome, Zagreb, Croatia – developing a SaaS solution “NimboEdit” that enables online customization of printed and other customizable products
- Weddingella, Zagreb, Croatia – Magic tool for organising great weddings
- Xenapto, London UK – A platform for efficiently managing investor and director relations. Corporate governance for the 21st century
Our gratitude is also due to our fantastic sponsors of Seedcamp Zagreb – 10gen, CEED Slovenia and CRANE (Croatian Business Angel Network), and of course to the University College for Applied Computer Engineering for hosting us.
If you’re a startup and want to be part of our next event applications are currently open to Seedcamp New York on the 10th July.