Another year and another great list of mentors have already signed up for Seedcamp Week 2009. As most of you know, our goal is to bring together up and coming entrepreneurs with experienced company builders from the tech industry and the world’s top investors. We try to achieve a balance of different geographies and different backgrounds and look for mentors who have started or grown their own companies and understand the unique challenges facing entrepreneurs today. We also bring investors in who can provide practical advice, not just on raising VC money, but what to do once you have it.
We’re really happy to announce that the following mentors are on board for Seedcamp Week this September. We’ll be adding more to the list in the next two months, but couldn’t resist sharing a few of these great names with you now.
• Alex Ljung – founder of Soundcloud (Germany)
• Brent Hoberman – founder of Lastminute.com and MyDeco, now partner at PROfounders Capital (UK)
• Charles Grimsdale – founding partner at Eden (UK)
• Danny Rimer – partner at Index Ventures (UK)
• Dave McClure – Founders Fund, Angel investor (US)
• Erol Damelin – founder of Wonga (UK)
• Fred Destin – partner at Atlas Ventures (Switzerland)
• Fred Wilson – Union Square Ventures (US)
• Hjalmar Windblah – founder of Rebtel (UK)
• James Bilefeld – ex CEO Openx, head of Digital at Conde Nast (UK)
• Kristian Segerstrale – founder of Glu Mobile and Playfish (UK)
• Lorenz Bogaert – founder of Netlog (Belgium)
• Lukas Gadowski – founder of Spreadshirt (Germany)
• Sara Murray – founder of buddi and member of the Technology Strategy Board (UK)
• Yossi Vardi – angel investor (Israel)
To get an idea of how many great mentors we’re expecting in September, check out the list of who has joined us in the past.
If you’re an entrepreneur out there with a great idea, want to get advice from some of the best mentors around, and get a real jumpstart for your startup, apply now for Seedcamp Week 2009.
Important Seedcamp dates
• Early August: first round of mentors announced
• August 24: applications close
• September 21 – 25: Seedcamp Week in London
Seedcamp is a program that was started by Saul Klein (of Video Island, Skype, Index Ventures, and The Accelerator Group) and Reshma Sohoni to support the entrepreneurial community in Europe – this includes companies starting in Europe or businesses in the US interested in expanding to the European market. Seedcamp puts the next generation of developers and entrepreneurs in front of a top-tier network of company builders; including seed investors, serial entrepreneurs, product experts, HR specialists, marketers, lawyers, recruiters, journalists and venture capitalists. The main event of the year is Seedcamp Week, held in London, but the program also hosts smaller events throughout Europe and in Silicon Valley. In addition, they provide ongoing mentoring and support for the annual Seedcamp Week winners.
Seedcamp is in its third year and has so far invested in 14 companies including Zemanta, MyBuilder, Kublax, and uberVU. Click here for a full list of previous winners: